Senior Accountant (2 positions) $60-70k
Under general supervision, the Senior Accountant performs complex accounting activities relating to the maintenance of ledger accounts and the development of associated managerial reports and financial statements. Position may specialize in various accounting functions such as accounts payable, accounts receivable, bank reconciliations, billing, consolidations, etc
Relying on experience and judgment, the Senior Accountant is responsible for accomplishing the following assignments. These assignments are broad in nature and work can be difficult.
• Compile and analyze financial information to prepare and post entries to general ledger accounts and to document business transactions.
• Perform and review general ledger functions to assist with monthly accounting activity and closings.
• Prepare monthly reconciliations of balance sheet accounts to general ledger, and may review and approve monthly balance sheet reconciliations.
• Prepare and review bank reconciliations and may perform other banking activities, such as letters of credit or collateral for specified accounts.
• Proactively detect, research, and resolve reconciliation items.
• Analyze and document revenue and expenditure trends and variances in account balances between periods and against budget.
• Prepare reinsurance claims reimbursement requests, where appropriate, and monthly billings to non-U.S. subsidiaries for intergroup activity.
• Prepare various schedules required for internal and external reporting on a GAAP, statutory and management reporting basis.
• Prepare financial reports such as balance sheets, income statements, cash flow statements, budgets and footnote schedules.
• May assist with preparation and review of quarterly and annual SEC filings, as appropriate.
• Prepare financial reports such as balance sheets, income statements, cash flow statements, etc.
• Analyze revenue and expenditure trends and recommend appropriate budget levels, and ensure expenditure control.
• Work with both internal and external clients to respond to inquiries and resolve issues.
• Interact with and assist internal and external auditors, as necessary, to complete audits.
• Maintain knowledge of generally accepted accounting principles (GAAP), statutory accounting principles, and other relevant accounting processes and guidelines.
• Bachelor’s degree in Accounting or Finance or a related field or the equivalent education and/or experience
• CPA designation or progress towards CPA designation preferred
• Minimum of five years of relevant and progressive professional experience in accounting and/or finance
• Solid understanding of GAAP and/or Statutory Accounting Principles
• Possess and have ability to apply broad knowledge of principles, practices, and procedures
• Excellent written and verbal communications skills with an emphasis on confidentiality, tact, and diplomacy
• Exceptional organizational and analytical skills; demonstrated ability to manage multiple tasks simultaneously
• Knowledgeable of industry changes, legal updates and technical developments related to applicable area of the Company’s business to proactively respond to changing business environment
• Intermediate proficiency and experience using Microsoft Office Package (Excel, Access, PowerPoint, Word)